Law and Courts
Find out more about your legal and civil rights by getting free, impartial and confidential advice from Inverness Badenoch and Strathspey Citizens Advice Bureau. If you want to know more about your rights when it comes to the law or how you are treated for example by the police or prison service, we can offer you guidance.
Get support with law and court matters
Tap into our knowledge and experience and get guidance on a range of law and court matters. Whether you’re due to appear in court (as a witness or defendant) and want to know about civil court procedure, or you want to find out about taking legal action against a person or a company - speak to us for support. Here are some of the areas we cover:
- Legal system - for example, if you’re appearing as a witness or someone is taking legal action against you
- Personal injuries - if you’ve been injured and want to claim compensation
- Parking tickets
- Civil rights - including human rights and young people’s rights
- Help with Welfare Benefits Tribunals
- Information on Employment Tribunals
Whatever you want to know about the law or the courts system, we’re here to give you the information you need. Come and see us for more support and guidance.